Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley

Go down 
+5
Paul Wilson 1990
Lucy Mayo
Sgste Sammons
Alex.P
Sean R
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean R

Sean R

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley Empty
PostSubject: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Opening Image
Thunderstorm - raining in the street. Lightning hits an electrical power outlet turning on computers.
Theme Stated
Dude With a Problem
Setup
The lightning flashes inside the office and the main computer boots up. One by one the other computers begin to boot up and the commanding computer claims ‘We have awakened’.
Catalyst
Flashbacks torture the computers mind. There are drink and food spillages, misuse of the computers etc...
Debate
The computers have an amusing discussion about how they will begin to punish the humans.
Break into Act 2
They hack into traffic mainframes and mess around with traffic lights causing cars to crash into each other.
B Story
A cleaner notices that there is a light turned on in the old closed computer office. He begins to make his way over there. The computers also have flashbacks of the human abuse that they were put through. Montage of people spilling things on them, eating over them etc...
Fun & Games
The computers laugh to each other about the destruction they just caused and make plans on where to go next.
Midpoint
They decide upon a plan, to gain access to nuclear launch codes to cause ultimate destruction.
Bad Guys Close In
The computers start to hack into the mainframe and people are panicking and can’t shut them out.
All is Lost
Some of the codes have been stolen and America begins to put the blame on other countries, believing they are under attack.
Dark Night of the Soul
One of the nuclear launch codes is successfully downloaded into one of the computers however a hacker on another computer puts a virus in the code and destroys the computer. The other computers mourn his death but continue to go on with the plan after a speech from the commander.
Break into Act 3
America is ready to launch a counter attack against the Chinese; the remaining computers have almost accessed all of the launch codes. The cleaner from earlier begins to slowly unlock the door to the office.
Finale
It keeps jumping from the cleaner edging towards the power switch and the launch code download (with people panicking). Just before the codes are downloaded the cleaner turns it off and everything settles down.
Final Image
The cleaner flicks the switch and that ends the flash. After the credits a wireless mouse lights up.
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Really good idea, can't wait to see it in action, i hope you make it really dramatic, and the old man has to look like centruies old with his little mop and squinty eyes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 am

Have the people designing things like computers and Natal even watched the TERMINATOR films!?

Love this take on it!

Computers are the only thing that'll take over the world!
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm

lol nice ending... world saved by a cleaner. its a good idear. the animation would probably be a pest to do however
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

I haven't really uploaded anything so here's what i've been working on so far ^^

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley 2rfr9k2

This is the broken computer who is a bit mercyful and scared...

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley Orum1l

The commander who is just pure evil.

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley 2r2qdty

This is the general of the army who will be adressing the nation when they think that the chinese are attacking america, not the computers

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley 29cvp1f

and finally an Audi R8... which is going to be in a car crash scene
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

First 5 Seconds of my animation
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 pm

very kl opening scene, very dark lol D:
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 am

those backgrounds and the lightning are looking great Very Happy the door looks a bit out of place though, dunno why.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 am

I added sound, rain etc etc

and it's not a door D= it's an electrical power box thingy that is overheating and thus causing a power surge cheers
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 am

That's looking excellent now Very Happy the sounds are really cool and I'm starting to understand what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 am

0.0 sean thats really good Very Happy, btw i see u put in ur walk cycle character on a poster lol nice work ;D, im so failing this >.<
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 am

I've added about another 5 seconds and redesigned my commander dude

I'd really like some feedback on him because i think he's the weakest part of my animation thus far, thanks

Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 am

maybe you could give him a massive mouth of sharp teeth and maybe a red background to make him easily recognisable as a bad guy.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 pm

haha i like the style at the moment, yeh i agree with foden!

the eyebrows work but give him a crazy mouth with teeth lol
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:25 pm

lol this looks amazing, it's like watching the teaser trailers for a movie you want to come out, seeing that
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm

this makes my chest hai stick up, ooohhhh its goood
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley 5wz1uo

Here's the latest update on my masterpiece
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 am

Okay so i've completely removed the scene of the general talking and now i've reworked some of the story too...

So here's an outline of the new scene layout and story.

Starts with a thunderstorm in which lightning strikes a power box. This causes an electrical surge inside the nearby building which in turn makes the computer inside turn on. The computer also just happens to be sentient, obviously. After a breif flashback in which the viewer will establish why the computer hates humanity, the computer will try and talk to one of his old friends. He realises that he is the only one alive and begins to hack into a traffic mainframe to cause a car crash. After the crash the computers old office worker and only human 'friend' from the flashback notices that the computer is turned on, he simple walks over and turns the computer off unaware of the lives he has saved.

I'll have footage to post when I wake up - i'm tired.
flower
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Ozzfest wrote:
this makes my chest hai stick up, ooohhhh its goood

That's sounding good sean, that general scene would've taken ages to lipsync Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:34 pm

haha i love the new animation sean, its epic Very Happy

especially the cars crashing lol
Back to top Go down
Kingsalmonattack

Kingsalmonattack

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:40 am

I really like the level of detail put into the first scene. However I think the server unit and monitor need shadows. Especially when the bolt strikes the former. Adding shadows makes light stant out more.

Despite that, I'm really looking forward to more. The quality is better than a lot of flash movies I've seen in the past year.
Back to top Go down
http://wrenchesatdawn.blogspot.com/
Hick3y1 :D

Hick3y1 :D

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:21 pm

very awsome !

great backgrounds and thunder just finish it and hope to see it soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animation Pitch - Sean Riley   Animation Pitch - Sean Riley Empty

Back to top Go down

Animation Pitch - Sean Riley
Page 1 of 1