Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley

Go down 
+11
Burrows
Ozzfest
Sgste Sammons
Colin Peters
stebrown
Lucy Mayo
Hick3y1 :D
ORCHARD
andrew foden
TheSpartanMoose
Sean R
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean R

Sean R

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley Empty
PostSubject: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Here is my walk cycle so far...

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley 29awcjl
Back to top Go down
TheSpartanMoose

TheSpartanMoose

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:22 am

looking pretty good :D
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

I tried to make the arms look more like they were marching and its now more cartoon-looking. Overall I think it looks much better, sorry for it being kinda small. I also added some detail. Next I think i'll smooth it out and add colour ^^

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley Esrzht
Back to top Go down
ORCHARD
Admin
ORCHARD

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi Sean,

Your character is really improving especially with the extra detail, it now looks and moves like a cartoon soldier, cant wait to see him in colour! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nd-gamesdevelopment.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 pm

very similar to my guy Very Happy
needs the color now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Nice, the added detail makes it look much better Smile
Back to top Go down
stebrown

stebrown

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Looks good but the legs appear to get smaller.
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 pm

looks cool, like the soldier idea the walk is looking good too
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:36 pm

really cool!

Love the mask and glasses!

I can't help but expect him to pull out a grenade, scream 'Praise to Allah' and blow up... Neutral but maybe that's just me...
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley Fz4spu
I coloured in the helmet ;D
I also made the leg bigger on one of the frames to try and make it not look as if it was getting smaller (thanks Ste)
Hoping to finish more very soon ^^

The colours look off because of the gif thing... next time i'll upload one in better quality (if i can)
Walk Cycle - Sean Riley R7kqxx
This is what its meant to look like
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Here is my updated walk cycle.
Again I don't know how to change the quality of animated gifs on flash so the colours are a bit off but you still get the idea.
It's now got the basic colours and the first frame has a camo pattern on but the rest of the frames don't yet...
It's taking quite a while to do all the camo >.<

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley 140z1xf
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 pm

I got bored of adding the camo for now and decided to shade it instead. Will add the camo soon enough, I also finally found out we can host swf files and upload them... so its no longer a mis-coloured gif ^^
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 pm

it really looks good. his right leg gets skinnier but its hardly noticeable
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah I tried making it bigger like so many times, but then it just made it seem smaller in another area. I can't get it perfectly right >.<

Theres my finished walk cycle I think...
Maybe if anybody makes a decent suggestion I'll add it but for now that's it ^^
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:22 pm

I love it tbh, looks really good. If you have I would say put a gun on his back of something, like some equipment, would make it perfect tbh!

Cheers for letting us know u can upload .swf files aswell, cos the quality on my walk cycle and noticably alot of other ppls walk cycles have been quite low.
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:04 pm

that's looking fantastic :) especially the hands. I'd give him a pistol in his right hand though, which would be easier than sticking it on his back because you wouldn't have animate it much.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

I tried to add a gun but it just looked out of place. I would have to re-do the entire walk to make his hand look weighted =[ Also adding one to his back will take too much time because of the way i've coloured it I can't layer it. I also need to finish other work off so I don't really have time, but hey it's something I can say about it that it needs improving!

I added this simple line so it looked like he was moving in a direction, whilst staying in the middle. This is going to be my finished walk cycle for wednesday ^^
Back to top Go down
michaelbishop

michaelbishop

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Love it, walks really well
Back to top Go down
ORCHARD
Admin
ORCHARD

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am

Just check the floor Sean, it seems to be moving faster than the man is walking Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nd-gamesdevelopment.forumotion.net
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:46 am

okay thanks Clare i'll fix that by wednesday ^^
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:26 pm

good walk cycle sean cheers
Back to top Go down
Kingsalmonattack

Kingsalmonattack

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Is it me or does the head appear to get slightly bigger and then smaller again over the course of the loop?
Back to top Go down
http://wrenchesatdawn.blogspot.com/
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 pm

yes ever so slightly, the walk itself is amazing though, just fix the issue with the shrinking head and get rid of the moving floor and i swear you could get an brilliant mark for this, the walk is really clear and everything looks clean and well coloured
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm

looking good jus need to change his walk tho i dont see that many happy soilders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walk Cycle - Sean Riley   Walk Cycle - Sean Riley Empty

Back to top Go down

Walk Cycle - Sean Riley
Page 1 of 1