Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows

Go down 
+6
Vito
Alex.P
Paul Wilson 1990
Sean R
andrew foden
Burrows
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Burrows

Burrows

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Empty
PostSubject: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Black Widow Spider

My first creature is a black widow spider that is larger than normal and is human controlled. It can walk on land and can be guided by the humans reponse with the rope around the spiders neck. It can also be used as a hovercraft/boat also as it has fans on the back and a gear stick that allows the human to control the spiders movement on water.

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows 2lxedqqCreature Concepts - Sean Burrows Black_11Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Black_13

I changed a few things with the final version of my black widow spider. I eventually thought the fans on the back looked a bit daft so I decided to take them out and also change the legs to a metal texture instead of some crazy rainbow effect I had.

Shark

With my second creature i chose a shark because in real life a shark is one of the most feared creatures out there, but the shark i have done has legs and can go on land which makes it 100x more feared. Plus i gave it a jetpack to allow it to fly about and go wherever it likes. My drawing of the creature does need some work as the top of the head seems a bit ragged and strange, but with my final coloured version this should be smoothened and appear to look a lot better. Also I don't think sharks are cute Very Happy

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Wio8ljCreature Concepts - Sean Burrows Shark_13Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Shark_11

My final version of the shark was pretty straight forward. The shadow was fairly easy to do and the shark didnt really need much work when it came to it. I think the background makes it look so much better and allows it to stand out much more than the previous versions.

Third creature concept in progress....

Last edited by Burrows on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Maybe you could give the shark arms, or wings if it has a jetpack and a laser beam on it's head. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:58 am

Your shark reminds me of this video I saw literally about 20 minutes ago which is kinda weird. They look awesome though ^^

I also agree with sharks are definately not cute. ;D
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

i like your black widow spider machine Smile, i like the way it is a vechicle and can go on water Very Happy

the shark is really good i like the buzz light year setup lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:31 pm

These are lookin great, love the purple colour on the black widow
Back to top Go down
Vito

Vito

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 pm

I really like how the spider is coming along, but i think the person has a more cartoon style than the spider which makes it look a bit strange.
But otherwise it's really good cherry
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Exellent, I like the shark one. And the colouring on the spider.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 pm

The textures on the shark are really good haha and it makes me laugh XD
Good job ^^
Although I'd love a bit more texture on the wings maybe?
Back to top Go down
michaelbishop

michaelbishop

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Looking good sean Very Happy Like it!
Back to top Go down
Nathan

Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi Burrows, despite how much i hate spiders lol, i gotta hand it to you i want a blackwidow hovercraft lol xD
yeah they both look really cool, the shark is kinda odd lol o_O with his jetpack n stuff but hes cool
Good job ^^
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:36 pm

The shark is just brilliant so many details. The night vision goggles just gives it a complete look.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm

My third creature is a cog ladybird, looks a bit basic for now but trust me before its finished it will look crazy, like all my designs lol

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Cog_la10
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 pm

I was liking what you got up to in class lol. Looking really good.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

i love your insane designs tbh XD the smiley face really just completes it. Hope it turns out good ^^
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 am

AWESUMMMM FACE!! Very Happy

haha, theres my completed COG ladybird Very Happy
comments?

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Ladybi10
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 am

Thats awesome....you really like smiley faces don't you?
Anyway it's a good design.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 am

Haha i like making my designs crazy, daft and unordinary so yup the smiley face is usually involved Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:42 am

only correction i can see is the cogs on the left don't appear to be raised from the body even thought they have shading, other than that no faults i can see.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 am

Yeh i notice what you mean, I shall try and correct that 2moro!

The camera angle looking at the ladybird kind of makes that side not stand out as much so that was the thing i was aiming for. Still it does look like it needs to be raised slightly!
Cheers Alex.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 pm

really good Smile, the spider has some good shading and the metal legs are awesome Smile,
the shark is just awesome lol, love the pink wings and the splinter cell googles Very Happy
the ladybug is nicely textured but i agree with alex that the coggs need to be shaded so there like embossed and more 3-d Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows   Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows Empty

Back to top Go down

Creature Concepts - Sean Burrows
Page 1 of 1