Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows

Go down 
+4
Sean R
Paul Wilson 1990
andrew foden
Burrows
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Burrows

Burrows

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Empty
PostSubject: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:31 am

My first idea, is a grim reaper/skeleton with angel wings. Thought I would post something up for now for development. This is how the drawing is currently coming along, looking at it properly I can notice that the arms are pretty short and the scythe could do with some more length. Also a few adjustments to the chest/height and other parts to be drawn in.

The background is probably going to be a dark misty graveyard scene, with a few skulls possibly next to his feet in a pile for some added detail.

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet11

SPOILER TO MAKE PICTURE LARGER!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:07 pm

liking the idea sean Smile I'd use some reference of a real skeleton to make sure it looks really cool
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm

ya i agree with andy =], u going for the nightbringer look of the necrons =]
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Started doing some colouring, bit of shadow and highlight also.

Working mostly on a feather texture for the wings, which might take abit of time but im gettin the hang of it slightly.

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet12

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

looking kl so far =], wat sort of background u going for? a desolate one?
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 pm

like a graveyard, possibly a few skulls piled up next to him

dark, night time kinda background.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm

ah kl idea =], or even better u cud have him coming for someone to take them to hell =] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm

nah, that would be 'too' grim reaper, I wanted him to be more undead styled. If I was going to do that I would probably darken out his face and just have the hood as his head and possibly a more dramatic background.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm

ok =], in that case ur idea was much better lol =P
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

good idea though, just wrong scenario aha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Heres abit more development. Added a bit more detail, started working on the body and face. Right wing still needs some more shade and bits of highlight, face needs some more work aswell. The background is also the kind of background im going for, so I am probably going to paint over that eventually.

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet16

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Right wing doesn't really look like its attached? lol but other than that it looks great ;D Really like the idea
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

looks good so far =], and i have to agree with sean the right wing sud be attached and i think the feather effect u have went for isnt as good as the left wing, but good overall Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:50 am

i know haha, i havent finished the right wing needs more shadow like i mentioned and a touch of highlight on it.

its just where im up to at the moment, still does of course need alot of work Smile
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

that's looking fantastic sean Smile especially the wings. I reckon the skeleton should be a bit darker because it's in the shadows. Otherwise it's looking great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:38 pm

looks good sean, get some detail on the skeleton on the inside of the coat, and i agree with foden that the skeleton needs to be darker to match the background. keep it up
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Too much shadow on the skeleton now? or is that fine?
I'm thinking of adding some highlights here and there on it. Also working on the timer on the chain/scythe at the moment.
The background is also in progress, just keeping that one up for now to give you an idea of what I want.

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet17
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 pm

I'd take the drop shadow off the scythe blade because it isn't near something to catch the shadow (like a shadow lingering in the sky).

The shadows on the skeleton are fine now. although I'd take the shadow off the front of the rib cage to give depth to it. Smile It's looking really good though.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 pm

yeh i know what u mean, thats accidentally there lol ill change that.

still need to work a fair bit on the blade.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Decided to change the skeleton chest again, I didnt like the way it looked. Added a bit of depth to it now, and looks better in my opinion.
Added some of my own grass from dark to light on the ground, and going to build the sky around that moon shortly.

Then i guess some more work on the scythe and blade itself, the timer and a few other pieces.

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet18
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 am

The ribs and spine are looking so much better now. Nice work sean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Nice work Smile He goes well with the background, and the bones look really good!
He's a little short though Razz
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Started to add some more detail on the scythe and completed a few other things Very Happy

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet19
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Updated Version

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet20

Epic Version Very Happy

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Skelet21
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

the updated version looks really good sean and is coming along nicely =],

however the epic version xD albino albino albino albino albino albino
lol! lol! its just epic sean top class Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows   MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows Empty

Back to top Go down

MONSTER Concept Art - Sean Burrows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next