Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley

Go down 
+7
Nathan
michaelbishop
Colin Peters
Lucy Mayo
ste trev
andrew foden
Sean R
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean R

Sean R

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley Empty
PostSubject: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Okay so i'm moving quite slowly with getting this done but I think it's coming along alright - Hope you guys like my work ^^

Here are my original scans for 2 of my creatures. I haven't done the third yet!

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 2v1qdc9
This is my caterpillar train... lol yeah! XD

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 2e2kyzn
This is the creature that I will be developing first. It is meant to be a kind of steampunk grasshopper that's rusting away...

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 14af09u
Here is what I have so far, finally finished it's head. I think I still need to do some more work on the eyes but it looks okay for now right? Comments would be nice ^^

Thanks
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:06 pm

that grasshopper's excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 pm

that grasshopper really cool i love the face i bet it took you a long time to do that keep up the good work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Grasshopper is coming along good. Nice detail.
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:53 pm

grasshopper looks awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Update to my grasshopper, here's to what he's looking like so far ^^
Comments please
Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 2yuzw9i

As you can see I got rid of the pipes for the under-body thing as that's what people suggested in my last screening. Gonna have the legs finished by tomorrow hopefully so I can start on my second creature.
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 pm

The main thing I would look at would be the 3 pipes on top of the first body segment because they look a bit weird, maybe if you make the back 2 tuck under the segment like the first one, and make them a bit rounder at the bottom, they should look right and 3D. Maybe if you shade the bottom of the wooden body bit, it will make it look more 3D too. Looking good though. Smile It might look good if you make the bottom of the body orangey-yellow like the face and pipes, as well as the legs, knees or feet.
Back to top Go down
michaelbishop

michaelbishop

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm

looking very weird and awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nathan

Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 pm

heya sean, lovin the grasshopper, i can see how much detail you are going into on the likes of the wires with the white effect to look more 3d ur doin great and i cant wait to see it 100% done Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm

I do like the grasshopper especially the head part around the mouth some really cool texture. Looking good up to now, looking forward to seeing the rest of your ideas!
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley I28y83

Okay so this is it finished...
maybe the legs didn't turn out quite as good as the rest of it but hey i'm trying to get it all completed here! No time to stop now! Comments please ^^
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 am

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 308fime

This is my WIP Caterpillar Train! So its... a giant caterpillar that has metal parts attached to it, magnetic train tracks and windows and doors... I'll keep posting as its updated.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 am

added a bit of shadow and windows... just need the pipes, smoke and door now i think

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 30x8z75
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:12 am

looking good sean =] that grasshopper's looking cool. The caterpillar train is coming along good as well haha - get a few mersey rail logos on there or something lol.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:51 pm

Okay so... The caterpillar is truely awful. XD I've redrawn it and made it look more like a caterpillar and less like a train... it now flies, but totally still carries passengers. Don't worry its the caterpillar train you all know and love only i promise it'll look better lmfao - and fly ;D

i've ditched any steampunk aspect it had and made it more futuristic... its still going to have metal armour on top, but i haven't drew that in yet...

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley E9t8ac

I know its very much straight lines atm but it will get smoother when i start on it. I just wanted to post this basic drawing to let you know that I'm not letting the abomination of a picture above this be a final design.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:02 am

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley Ndoeom

Base Texture, no windows/doors etc yet ^^
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:19 am

Looking good sean, nice colour scheme too.
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:03 am

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 35a9cuc

Done and Done ;D

NOW FOR MY LAST ONE D=
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

-thats looking great :)
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 am

Looks more like something we should of got to london now Very Happy haha!

Nah i do like that, looks pretty good tbh
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 am

i like what you have done here an the colour boss!! an i wud deffo had paid to go to london just to go on that afro lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 am

Lol looking good, did you redo it cos i made a joke about your cat-train-apillar?
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Alex.P wrote:
Lol looking good, did you redo it cos i made a joke about your cat-train-apillar?

I did
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

I wanted something absolutely insane for my third creature... okay the caterpillar was pretty crazy but yeah - T-Rex Bee. ;D

Sorry for the poor quality picture

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 2uhyblh
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Line-Art

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley 2zsvfhd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Sean Riley   Creature Concepts - Sean Riley Empty

Back to top Go down

Creature Concepts - Sean Riley
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next