Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden

Go down 
+6
Sean R
Paul Wilson 1990
Burrows
Alex.P
Sgste Sammons
andrew foden
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andrew foden

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 am

My guys looking a bit strange at the end of my animation at the moment, but whatever. He's getting briefed on his mission over his video watch phone gadget thingy.

I'm going for a more cell shaded style to save time, and I've redesigned a few characters - the pirate is going to be a bit scarier than the dirty old fat guy I had him as on the storyboards, but he'll still have a wooden leg and all that.

Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

it looks really good, i like the style of it
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 pm

The dodgy bit at the end of the last animation has been replaced with some equally dodgy lip syncing - not looking forward to any more of that, but I'm going to have to do some more later on.

I changed that bit because I didn't know how I was going to do the transition to the next scene.

Vlad fades in from his watch photo, and says "Hello Blond" (because "Hello mister Blond" would have been too much work lol.)

They're gonna sort out a plan to take the base of the pirate.

Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 1:44 am

looking good mr.foden Very Happy, looks like this will be amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:18 am

I've added subtitles so you know what's being said and what is going on. It is a bit fast, but when it's spoken it will be easier to follow - although it's still a little fast regardless. I'm up to 30 seconds already, so I wont be slowing stuff down just yet in case it wont fit into 1:30.

I've decided that the spy is going to be grouchy and tired because he's had a very busy and tiring day fighting bad guys and driving round, so that's why he looks really rough, and why he'll have a short fuse when they have a disagreement in tactics.

Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 am

lmfao omg the picture at the very end of your animation scares me so much also, the subtitles move rather fast its hard to read what's happening (maybe that's just me being a fail)
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 am

Yeah, it's fast, but it'll get spoken, which will make it easier to follow. But yeah, it could do with slowing down, but i need to finish first before i do that or i might overrun. :p
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Johnny's saying hi, and he's going to explain the mission. Vlad will disagree and they will go their seperate ways.

It's not fully animated yet though and it'll look better.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Foden for President! What a Face

Seriously though you don't even need any critisism or advice you're flash is amazing, just keep up the good work ^^
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Fullscreen - http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9873/walk1james.swf

Walk cycle is finished and ready to be dropped into a few scenes. It's flashing for some reason, didn't mean that xD.

I'm gonna leave my planning scene till later because it's taking too long and I need some more animation, so I'm moving onto the evil pirate base.

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/middle.swf/

He's in a little submarine and he's going to sneak into the evil lair. He's wearing a crazy diving suit there cos I thought it'd look cool. He might say some or have something said to him over a radio or something, I dunno yet.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9537/middle2ndpart.swf

His little submarine floats up inside the base in front of the evil pirate's doom galleon.

I'm going to be working on lots of odd bits of animation because I think it's what we're getting marked on.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 pm

looking good foden (:
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:24 am

Right, I don't know how to put all these scenes together without objects replacing each other, so I'm gonna have to wait and put them all together in premier tomorrow morning. It isn't finished but I'm going to bed because there isn't much more I can do. =/
Back to top Go down
Hick3y1 :D

Hick3y1 :D

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 pm

very well drawn and put together very well just need more animation and stuff looks very stiff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2