Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden

Go down 
+6
Sean R
Paul Wilson 1990
Burrows
Alex.P
Sgste Sammons
andrew foden
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew foden

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Empty
PostSubject: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

THE BEAT SHEET

The theme is The Fool Triumphant.

Setup
There are 2 super soldiers from different countries - a James Bond type of guy, and a russian Rambo kind of guy.

Catalyst
Evil guy makes an address to the worlds leaders that he will blow up the world in a 8 days if his demands aren't met. Both soldiers are told by their bosses that an evil genius is going to blow up the world from his underwater cave lair, and 2 super soldiers need to stop him before the missiles are fired.

Debate
Debate between the 2 super soldiers about how to stop the evil villain. James Bond-type wants to use stealth and cunning by sneaking in, while Rambo guy wants to go in all guns blazing.

Break into act 2
Evil guy makes an address to the world that he will blow up the world in a week if his demands aren't met. He blows something up to show hes serious.

B story
Evil villain is going ahead with plan and how. Shows them starting the missile countdown.

Fun & Games
Both super soldiers get in some practice on infiltrating a secret lair in their way.

Midpoint
James Bond-style supersoldier infiltrates lair in little boat and finds out where the missile launch stop button is.

Bad guys close in
Bond guy is caught by the bad guys.

All is lost
Bond guy is on the lazer table getting ready to be killed by the evil guy. Everyone thinks all is lost and the bad guy has won.

Dark night of the soul
Missiles launch and everyone thinks that it is the end of the world.

Break into act 3
Russian Rambo flies out of the water in the lair with a jetpack and starts beating bad guys with miniguns. He flies into the room, beats the bad guys and saves the other super soldier from the lazer table.

Finale - Partners reconcile
Saved guy thanks the Rambo guy and they stop the missiles before they explode and everyone has a big party.
Back to top Go down
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:07 am

I especially like the idea of the big party!

Rambo guy has got to have a bandanna on his head!

And James Bond guy has got to have a British accent!

Coolio!
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 pm

One change I'm going to make is that the bad guy is now going to be some evil fisherman/sailor guy who is going to use the missiles to melt the ice caps and flood the planet so that he can rule the world with his battleships and submarines. The james bond guy could get captured with a fish net.
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 pm

The bad guy has to have a crazy moustache, and if he's a fisherman.....waders
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Here is the storyboard for my animation.

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 1
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 2
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 3
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 4
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Frame9
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Frame10
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 7
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 8
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 9
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 10
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 11
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 12
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 13
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 14
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 15
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Frame16
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 17
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 18
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 19
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 20
Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden 21
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:30 pm

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9578/startd.swf

This is the start of my animation. It's a bit fast, but I'll finish it first before making it longer, or it may not fit into a minute and thirty.

Btw, I tried to upload an animatic, but I've had no luck on youtube or photobucket.

Also, I'm going to need a name for my james bond guy, If anyone can help me with it, I'd be really glad because I can't think of anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 am

haha foden that is really really good up to now, mine just isnt haha D:
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 pm

foden uve done it again xD, its awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

thanks Smile

I've started colouring stuff in, and I've changed a few things to make it easier to follow.

I've put some rockets at the start to show what is being fired, they hit the helicopter which blows up, and he jumps out. I've made the helicopter scene longer.

I wasn't planning on showing anyone in particular firing at him at the start, but now I have some evil ninja samurais who he's going to blow up and defeat.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/startcolour1.swf/

Direct link/Full screen: http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8896/startcolour1.swf

So there you go, more to come. Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

hahaha i love it foden, its really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am

thanks burrows Very Happy

Well, I've had a lot of trouble with the explosion, so I've just tweened a explodey thing getting bigger, just use your imagination a bit lol.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8896/startcolour1.swf

Next I'm going to have him parachute over the explosion, have the title sequence there, and then cut to him landing and taking a video call from his boss.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 am

foden this is amazing my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

wow that is truely awesome! I'm very confused at the entire thing (ninja? XD) but it looks great and its smooth! Keep up the great work ^^
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:07 am

starting to see where it's going now, looks good
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:15 pm

@Sean - haha, it's just meant to be one of those little action sequences at the start of action movies, and the ninjas are just random evil guys. :P Story hasn't really started yet lol. I was gonna just have it go from him jumping out of the helicopter and shooting the screen, and then just going to the main title, but it would just seem weird and random that way.

thanks guys :)
Back to top Go down
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Fantastic!

I love the stereo-types and can't wait to hear some awesome voice acting, if any... lol!
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

nice pictures, and that animation bit looks amazing
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:11 pm

thanks guys =]

This is the walk cycle for my british guy. I'm gonna draw over it using my tablet when I get home.

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Walkcyle2

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Walk1james

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Walk1jamesspot
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Works really well foden, im sure that will look good in your animation.

Shame mines terrible haha
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks sean, and yours isn't terrible lol.

Thought I'd put up another development post to show what I've gotten up to.

It's taking ages but I'm starting on the story now lol.

It has a name now, some things have been shortened, more has been coloured and there's an MI6 guy with a dodgy moustache (when it jiggles, he's meant to be talking lol).

The guy is blond now to fit with his name.

Smaller: http://img693.imageshack.us/i/startcolour1.swf/

Bigger: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8896/startcolour1.swf
Back to top Go down
ORCHARD
Admin
ORCHARD

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Its looking great Andy!

Just be carefull with the timing of the animation, it seem's to run through very quickly and the title needs to stay on longer so the viewer can read it clearly, apart from that its looking really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://nd-gamesdevelopment.forumotion.net
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 am

That is absolutely fantastic, Marry me?
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 am

haha that is ridiculously good
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 am

that really good andy !! made me laff Laughing
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden   Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden Empty

Back to top Go down

Beat Sheet for bigger Animation - Andrew Foden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next