Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track

Go down 
+5
Lucy Mayo
michaelbishop
Alex.P
Burrows
andrew foden
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andrew foden

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm

I've made another building for my environment. I have made a couple of different buildings out of the same starting model, and I will start placing the different variants around the sides and in the background.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Building9

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Building10

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Building11

This is what it's looking like at the moment, I've cropped off a little bit where some stuff doesn't look right which I'll sort out in a second.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 75659635
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

lookin good, guna be a tough task gettin everythin the right size and perspective, the bridges look a bit weird also possibly less on the pointy things which i guess are lamposts?
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 pm

This is what I have at the moment.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 48911212

I've decided that buildings on top of buildings is a bit of a rubbish idea and I'm just going to change the idea to a racetrack going through the tops of skyscrapers. I've stuck a big tower block in there. I'm going to make it a more focused idea on modern design and architecture, and I'm going to replace the older style buildings like the one on the left, the arch wall and the roman arch building, which I have been starting to dislike over the past few weeks.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 48203338

With the arch wall, I'm going to make the curved parts into straight edges to make them look more modern.

The building on the left could have crazy cage stuff over the windows, sort of like the beijing olympic stadium.
AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Beijing-birdsnest123

The building on the right is going to sort of look like liverpool one, with roof gardens and stuff.

It'll have more buildings in the background and the track needs texturing too.

Last edited by andrew foden on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 25414495
just another update :)

edit:

I've made the building on the right.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 42561475
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:23 am

now thats more like it foden Razz
and yeh id like to see that stadium thing aha, possibly on the right hand side though the left looks a bit full
Back to top Go down
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:08 am

omigosh am super jealous!

Cool

Awesomeness... Wanna see it finished!!!

You do know this'll take an AGE to render, right?
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Mad 3d skillz yo!
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm

It actually didn't take too long to render those, they were faster than the model with the old style buildings in.

I've stuck a proper environment/sky into it and it looks a million times better now. :D

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 3woenv

With the sky but with no environment

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 43928325

With both a sky and an environment. The environment makes the building to the bottom right look really dark and shaded, which I don't really want to happen, but whatever.

I've went back to a sort of sunrise sort of setting.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 pm

its lookin really foden, the bridge works alot better now and the stands for the track are good also Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 pm

tar burrows :)

I've just put buildings in the background.

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 52989056
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:01 am

looking good foden =], you exceed expectations everytime well done andy =]
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Texm

this is the texture I'm going to have on my track.
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:37 pm

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Untitl10

I don't know how this has happened, but there is a big bright light on my track and I don't know how to get rid of it. I haven't changed any light sources, it's just happened when I rendered it.

Anyway.

I've UV mapped the track, put my texture on it and I have plenty of bikes now. All I have to do is get a decent view and render my final images.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:02 am

awesome mr.foden =]
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:36 pm

that does look really good tbh, only thing id change is the track, i think the texture should go all the way to the side, or if not all the way to the side then i think u could put some sort of road texture down instead of the white patches
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Yeah, that part of the track is invisible in the editor so I can't change it or get rid of it, me and clare tried for ages today to fix it and get rid of it but we couldn't.
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:56 pm

I did some stuff and actually got it render Very Happy

Textured:

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Unit6632010andrewfoden1

textured image

Untextured:

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Unit6632010andrewfoden2

untextured image
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:06 am

looks awesome foden Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

thanks paul Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm

love the new angle u have the camera at. And the marking on the track look a hell of alot better, i like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nathan

Nathan

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Incredible foden! all looks perfect! im very impressed
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:32 am

tar nathan & burrows Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track   AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AndyFoden- 3D Environment - futuristic racing track
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2