Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3D Environment - Sean Burrows

Go down 
+3
Alex.P
andrew foden
Burrows
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Burrows

Burrows

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Empty
PostSubject: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 pm

My 3D environment is going to be music themed, its going to consist of models such as my guitar & amp. Plus other musical equipment with a stage background (possibly the cavern stage).

Below are some reference images I am using to help me create these individual models:

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Ibanez113D Environment - Sean Burrows Spider10
3D Environment - Sean Burrows Mic_in103D Environment - Sean Burrows Desk103D Environment - Sean Burrows Yamaha10
3D Environment - Sean Burrows Festiv103D Environment - Sean Burrows Jun-im10
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:45 pm

I have started modelling my guitar, so I shall post development of that up once I have Cinema 4D properly installed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:54 am

Heres what I have up to now for my guitar, on my kinda first mess around on Cinema 4D

Front View-
3D Environment - Sean Burrows Front_10

View from Side Angle-
3D Environment - Sean Burrows Angled10

Feedback?
Ill post some more development on how I got to that stage at a later date. Wink
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Started working on the bridge of the guitar. Pretty much the most detailed and complex part, so firstly I have just used primitive shapes such as cylinder and cube. Then used the point tool to shape them the way I want them. Ontop of this to make the holes in the cube I have used alot of booles with cylinder shapes.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Guitar10
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 am

This was looking amazing in class. Nice work sean Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Wow, that brilliant, lovely detail
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Heres a bit more development on the guitar bridge. I think its nearly ready now to have the strings connected, maybe just a little bit more work on the bridge section. E.g put some screws and screw holes in there and the part above that hold the strings up.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Guitar11
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm

I got bored so I decided to start the strings earlier than planned, heres how it is looking up to now Smile I basically drew out a line using linear spline, then I created a circle with the correct string radius. After this I put them both into a sweep nurb and it turned into a string. I also used a helix spline and the same process with the circle to wrap the string around the top clip part of the guitar.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Guitar13
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 pm

that is actually amazing. Great work Sean 2 ^^
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Cheers for comments Smile
Ive been messing round with some textures as i'm not really good at that part at the moment. I have just been generally looking at the body of my guitar and its a shiny reflective black plastic look, so I have messed around with alot of the material settings to get a reflective black colour and this is how it turned out.

Note: From this angle it might look a bit transparent but that isnt the case as the light is reflecting from a certain angle and its making it look like that.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Textur10
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am

The guitar body is pretty much done, just a few points around the edge look abit wrong which ill take a look at. Ive added more detail into the pickups area. I think just a few screw holes and 1 more little slider thing to add, then the body is basically done.

Not sure if im happy with the shine on black on the pickups (the middle round curve parts with holes in, beneath the strings) they are usually a bit more dull.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Bodywo10
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 am

that's looking amazing haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Guitar head near enough finished with texture. The ibanez logo took a while to get on because I didnt know how to do it but im fairly happy with that now.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Guitar14

Full guitar, and how it looks now. Ive added the wood texture to the neck with different shades, and added a few other minor things.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Full_g10
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Added inlays.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Full_g11
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

My guitar is basically done now.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Ibanez12

So basically I am going to start doing the stage environment now, which is going to be the cavern stage. Ive just been messing round with booles and cube shapes and this is what I have up to now.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Cavern10
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 pm

the guitar is amazing and the screen shot you showed me of the cavern looked great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 pm

This is where im up to on doing my cavern stage, i have just used the textures at the moment to give me an idea what everything is going to look like. It needs a hell of alot more detail but I have started to build it up from the last image I shown.

My guitar that I created previously is also resting against the wall on the stage.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Cavern11
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 pm

This is where im up to with the drums. Still need a hi-hat, another larger drum (dont know the name) and just more detail Smile

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Drum_d10
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Nice guitar (:
The rest of the room is coming along nicely too
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

looking really good burrows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Started to add more detail, e.g small clips on the stands, grooves and stuff in the drums, and also labels.

Think im at the stage now, where I just need a little more detail and i can start copying the drums over and resizing them.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Drumki10
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Heres what ive done up to now on the stage aswell. I think this is going to be the angle of the final screenshot because you can see everything well and it could be classed as a persons point of view while watching a band play.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Stage_10
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Done the drumkit Very Happy

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Drumki11

Heres how my amp is looking at the moment, not far until that is done either.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Amp_pr10

And heres the stage, a few things got deleted somehow but it does need a hell of alot more detail, ive gotten a few more ideas from videos of bands who have played there. There just isnt many actual images of the stage surroundings and other things in detail.

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Cavern12
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:10 am

they're looking excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm

stage with a bit more detail

3D Environment - Sean Burrows Stage10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Environment - Sean Burrows   3D Environment - Sean Burrows Empty

Back to top Go down

3D Environment - Sean Burrows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next