Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MATTE painting Andrew Foden

Go down 
+8
ste trev
Hick3y1 :D
Lucy Mayo
Alex.P
Ozzfest
Paul Wilson 1990
Burrows
andrew foden
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:17 am

looking good mr foden Smile you bastard lol

P.S clare its a personal joke between me, andy, sean b, and ste b ;P
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

lookin great foden!! like the way you got the fire effects andcant wait to see it finished
Back to top Go down
stebrown

stebrown

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

well done it does look like its been painted!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucy Mayo

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Wow! That looks amazing. I like the idear of the airship/
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Looking good foden cant wait to see the end product.
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:21 am

Right, I've been carrying on with my Pripyat matte paint, and I'm moving it towards an almost night time setting. I also felt it was a bit lifeless and a bit unhappy, so I chucked in an old Russian guy and flipped him to make the lighting right and to balance the picture out. To fit him on without covering up most of it, I enlarged the canvas size. I got round to getting rid of the plants in the tarmac too and making the signs at the top glow like neon.

MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 SmallerfilePRIPYAT1copy

Then I got a sky picture and put it into the windows. I clone stamped the trees onto the glass to make it look like reflections, and I added lights onto the poster thing as well.

MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 SmallerfilePRIPYAT2

I hope you're liking that.

I'm gonna do a little bit more to my landscape painting now because it really needs some soldiers on it to show what's properly going on. :P
Back to top Go down
stebrown

stebrown

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:23 am

Well done everything looks great I dont think you need to change anything.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 am

awesome mr foden Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am

Looks great, perhaps the trees could be more greener??
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 am

I've added the airships, the furthest away has just bombed the city, and the other one is just about to start.

I got 2 photos of the same airship, cut them out, flipped them and resized them, and I put the small one behind the smoke to show how it is leaving the scene.

MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 Envirodev12

I'll have to start drawing in soldiers myself because I've had no luck trying to find any photos, and it'd probably take forever putting them onto the picture.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 am

nice mr foden Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 am

zeppelins would have been better
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 am

haha the russian guy is awesome, just something about the building, i think u have the same problem as me with the building texture but still looks awesome nevertheless (:

liking the 2nd one alot, strange lookin airships haha but yehhh tis really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:48 am

Perhaps improve the airships...
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah, the airships are a bit dodgy with the different colours. I've tried changing the colours but it always looks noisy and horrible.

Anyways, I've drawn in some soldiers - which look awful but whatever - and I've changed the tower. I put a white flag to show they've just surrendered, and the soldiers are going to go into the castle and take it over.

MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 Envirodev13

I tried sticking things on the right side of the picture, but I couldn't get anything to work and it all looked really dodgy.

Anyways, dunno what else to do to it. Ideas are welcome before I go to bed, otherwise, I think I'll end on that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 am

looks good Smile
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

looks really gd yr work
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Looking good, foden
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:58 pm

nice small effects but needs to be darkened a little bit
Back to top Go down
Nathan

Nathan

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm

WOW nice job andy, looks really cool! glad someone decided to do Chernobyl, it has lots of potential for a picture, nice job mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MATTE painting Andrew Foden   MATTE painting Andrew Foden - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MATTE painting Andrew Foden
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2