Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

message from hell game doc

Go down 
+5
DrCuddles
Kimmy (JH)
Jake
AdeleBurghall
riley
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

message from hell game doc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I really like the story. It all sounds quite cinematic.
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I would really like to see some 3D work, maybe some character models or models of the weapons.
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
xFUBARx CrYpTIc

xFUBARx CrYpTIc

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

The game design document is amazing.
A hell of alot of effort was put into this, the game is seriously well detailed, and I love the section describing the camera, I think that, aswell as the research pictures really give a good idea of what the game is going to look and feel like when playing it Smile
Back to top Go down
xFUBARx CrYpTIc

xFUBARx CrYpTIc

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Kizz (AW) wrote:
I would really like to see some 3D work, maybe some character models or models of the weapons.

It's not like you've not done enough already haha, but yeah I agree with Kizz here, would be cool to see some 3D work for this! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm

the 3D work would be very nice too see. I look forward to it. Other than that everything is great!
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Rereading what you've written already I like how detailed you've gone into an inventory and saving system, things like this would normally crop up later on but it looks like you've nailed it on the head already.

Give us some idea what the HUD would look like, I would suggest a orange, brown colour scheme for it, would match the visuals in the universe.
Back to top Go down
http://ikershaw.co.uk
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 am

thanx andy for the feed back, usefull info and yes them colours would suit it (dark and moody). something for me to ponder over when im not playin wid me pressies.
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:13 am

riley wrote:
thanx andy for the feed back, usefull info and yes them colours would suit it (dark and moody). something for me to ponder over when im not playin wid me pressies.
What you getting the kids this year?
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 am

right just to clarify things adeles post were research that she kindly spent hours sifting through to find the right look, secondly the posts by me are my own work, i didnt feel that i had to post more research myself as adele done such a good job. post from now on will be of our own work. Hope that clears things up neways. oh ye guys thanx for the feed back keep it commin cos im readin it all.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 am

hay dr cuddles, the kids r gettin basically evrythin so just think of that and ul know what im gonna be spendin my time trippin over for the next few months lol-tylers gettin mostly figures lego and tons of DS games. Ethans gettin loads of stuff hell throw to one side to play with the box.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:35 am

thanx everyone for the compliments/consructive crit. theres a lot of good ideas there and i am going to clarify and build on these aspects as they really would aid in the overall creation of the game concept.
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 am

riley wrote:
hay dr cuddles, the kids r gettin basically evrythin so just think of that and ul know what im gonna be spendin my time trippin over for the next few months lol-tylers gettin mostly figures lego and tons of DS games. Ethans gettin loads of stuff hell throw to one side to play with the box.
You should get an R4 card for them, it enables you to download roms of games onto your PC and copy them to your DS then play them. Like what you can do with a DS emulator but on your DS. Makes the DS a very inexpensive handheld platform heh.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 am

thanx andy i have seen them on the net an will be lookin into gettin 1. as for now most of the games we got him are quite cheap cos they arnt the newest title like. the brand newies are from his nans an fambo. they always seem to get there first cos they start Xmas shoppin in like June or summit. lol. another thing when they say what shal we get the kids we say, ahem, think i mean right wots new out he he, gotta be done. also makes it an inexpensive handheld.
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:46 am

riley wrote:
thanx andy i have seen them on the net an will be lookin into gettin 1. as for now most of the games we got him are quite cheap cos they arnt the newest title like. the brand newies are from his nans an fambo. they always seem to get there first cos they start Xmas shoppin in like June or summit. lol. another thing when they say what shal we get the kids we say, ahem, think i mean right wots new out he he, gotta be done. also makes it an inexpensive handheld.
Haha, it does indeed my friend.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:52 am

at their age its santa takin all the credit neways, the fat fictitious house breaker. so im gonna be a cheapscate untill the magic of Xmas is truly gone from the lives of my kids. this wont be for a long time if it means me savin money.(sod thier feelins like..lol). right im off to watch telly thanx for the chat bro, nite nite.
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:57 am

riley wrote:
at their age its santa takin all the credit neways, the fat fictitious house breaker. so im gonna be a cheapscate untill the magic of Xmas is truly gone from the lives of my kids. this wont be for a long time if it means me savin money.(sod thier feelins like..lol). right im off to watch telly thanx for the chat bro, nite nite.
Enjoy the se- oh wait. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm

The research gives me a great incite as to what the enemies and environment will be like.
Back to top Go down
xFUBARx CrYpTIc

xFUBARx CrYpTIc

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:30 pm

I agree with jake.. incredible amounts of detail.. well done.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Production Report

Currently i am tasked with the role of creating the industrial elements of the game trailer. I also have to finish off making the helicopter for the crash scene. I am also going to start on some motion graphics that we have now decided to include. I have modelled a corridor over the weekend and also rendered a test video of a simple camera run through.
I have yet to start texturing the character and finish off the walk and run cycle. I am slightly behind schedule and am currently working better outside of college to combat this issue.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Production Report   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Production Report

At the moment I am responsible for making the snow base that is going to be at the start of the trailer. I have modelled the basic shapes for the buildings and modelled some mountains. With having the basic shapes I need to now texture them which I have started on doing the roof tops of some buildings but I also need to texture some buildings in really good detail as in the trailer the characters will be going inside buildings and looking around. I am now also going to start on doing more story boards to keep me on track and now our team has decided to include motion graphics at the beginning of out trailer. This will include what happened at the start (drill accident). We thought this would be good as it would save us time on modelling everything.
I am currently a bit behind with this because my cinema 4D won’t work at home so I now need to manage my time in college a bit better so I have more time to catch up with this.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Production Report 2   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 pm

I am just about to finish my snow scene for the trailer. I still need to texture some buildings and place then around more so it looks more like a camp. I am also currently doing a building that leads to the underground were the lift will be to go to the industrial part of the trailer. The building will look like a ordinary building but inside will be a little room that says no entry or keep out. This room will contain stairs that lead to the underground. I have decided to have a big hole type cavern coming off the stairs then in the centre of the cavern there will be the big tunnel that the lift will go down.
With me not having Cinema 4D at home I have asked Riley if he can render some of the other scenes we have for the trailer at home.
This should be complete in the next week but if not I will then go straight onto my character that will be in the scene.

Last edited by AdeleBurghall on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Production Report 3   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 am

With my running out of time, I have left my snow base the way it is an I have gone straight on to my character. I now have clothes on my character which are pants and a top and boots. I have completely put a new bone structure in my character as I had a lot of problems last time i done it. i will also try and animate my character from the bones rather than from the controls. This is because i have running out of time and i cant afford any more problems with the animation process.
i am now on to doing a walk cycle and after i have done this i can then put my character in my snow scene and then i can pan a camera going through the buildings in my snow scene then on to my character walking. i should have all this done my tomorrow.
Again i really need to start planning my time better but i have fell behind because my cinema 4D still isn't working at home.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 am

message from hell game doc - Page 2 Snow_b24

Here is a picture of my snow base. i first just arranged shapes to see were i could put my buildings.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 am

message from hell game doc - Page 2 Snow_b25

Here is my snow base with some textured on it. i now have a snow texture on it and some of my buildings are textured.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 am

message from hell game doc - Page 2 Wareho10

Here is a warehouse and dumpsters i have for the snow base. i have made the roof weathered and torn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: message from hell game doc   message from hell game doc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

message from hell game doc
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next