Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island

Go down 
+6
DrCuddles
AdeleBurghall
riley
Jake
Kimmy (JH)
AdoptedKey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xFUBARx CrYpTIc

xFUBARx CrYpTIc

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

The animation of the room is really good, actually gives a seriously good retro feel to it! and thsi is without playing it!
The HUD is really good aswell, simple, but effective.

And tbh.. the Danger Nazi's sign is hilarious. This game is shaping up really well!
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

That hud design looks really good!
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 pm

All your concepts are original and make me laugh every time, if this game doesn't win a damn comedy award at least I don't know what will.

Nice drawing of the Volcano there Karl, I can see your handy work in there Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ikershaw.co.uk
dannyboy91

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am

Fantastic modelling and stock image photos! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm

I like the idea of the changing gameplay, from a 3d stealth to a 2D platformer to unlock a lock.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:14 pm

i am really liking you main character he stand out and is unique! like all your other concept work as well. keep it up
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:14 am

really unique game idea guys cant wait for the presentation should be as entertaining as the game ideas so far.
Back to top Go down
AdeleBurghall

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

i would like to see some of your own designs for thw weapons like maybe add little bits to the pics you already have got and make them look more kool!
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Karl's story

Karl was looking for a job so he looked in newspaper and saw “super secret job, please don’t tell anyone.” He was hired to make “secret tea.” When learning about Wolfy and his cool sidekick, BREAKING NEWS Wolfy’s cool side kick “He is too awesome to be announced” has been killed. So the Super secret organization decided the next best thing was Karl.
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Haha, every time I read this it makes me laugh, the story is so fun and witty and full of imagination.

Get some more 3D and concept up so we can see it!
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Blimp10

This is our blimp where the nazi dinosaurs can over see the island.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Base10

Underwater base that makes the water for island
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:27 pm

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Beach10
Back to top Go down
DrCuddles

DrCuddles

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey... hey,,, hey///
Sketch and Toon
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm

I am incharge if story boards so befor I start to add lighting to my sets I am going to finish them this will inculde

animation notes on how camera moves
How obects will move
Character lines
Back to top Go down
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Production report:

I was responsible for the modelling of the mansion and a couple of dinosaurs (namely the troodon and velociraptor). I was also given the task of rigging the dinosaurs so they'd be ready for animation.

The dinosaurs are done! Modelled and rigged, ready to animate. Some changes might have to be made, since it's hard to see just how the weighting works out untill you get right into animating but hopefully everything will work out.

As for the mansion, that is modelled I just need to texture it and we'll be ready to go. I apologise for being a bit behind on the mansion, but I'll be sure to have it more than ready for next week so we can finally start shooting some scenes!

And just for proof that I have actually done these things and that I'm not just lying through my teeth.

Look at this sexy dinosaur.
Spoiler:

Rainbow colours is the new black.
Spoiler:

I'll be sure to post some amazing pictures of the mansion as soon as I think that's up to scratch (which at the moment it isn't).
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Production Report:

I was responsible for modeling both of our human characters, Wolfy and Karl. I am also responsible for rigging one of the human characters.

My first character, Wolfy is completely modelled and I will begin working on the second character. The first will be passed off to the second rigger.

Originally I was supposed to have finished modeling my first character and should have started the second by this week. Unfortunately i'm a little behind but the two characters will share the same basic mesh so the second character will be completed much quicker than the first.

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Wolfy10
Back to top Go down
AdoptedKey

AdoptedKey

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Production Log

I was/am/are in charge of some ibbly wibbly modelling bits and bobs. I had to model a volcano, (which I've totally done) a Pterodactyl, which is totally being done RIGHT NOW. Oh and that other fella, the spotlight with the Brachiosaurus coming out of his mouth. (Totally done)

More interestingly, I helped write the script, which is done. I'm up for a voice acting role as original the character (do not steal) aaaaaaaaaaand I came up with a bunch of the gags we're using for the cutscene.

As of THE FIRST OF MAY TWO THOUSAND AND TEN I'm like all the behind, which I'm sure you were all expecting. Yet the Brachiosaurus is done and the Volcano is well under way.

Pterodactyl, I'll let Jack start start that on Tuesday hopefully. With any luck it shouldn't take too long and I'll be upto speed. SO SCREW YOU RILEY, I'VE HEARD THE THINGS YOU SAY.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:24 am

I am incharge of UVing and rigging one character which I am hoping to have by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:49 pm

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Face_b10

Wolfs face map thingie which i am deffently working on at home
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:12 am

Production log 2 this time its personal

I have finished UVing Wolfy and am plannng on Rigging him today and weight him as much as possie this week.
My sets are all finished and ready to animate.
Back to top Go down
AdoptedKey

AdoptedKey

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Production Log for Animation

So next week I'm totally gonna start animating with the rest of the guys. I'm going to be moving the Brachiosaurus and Pterodactyl's, TEH HARDIEST PART OF THE JOBZ

Then I'll be working on voices for the animation along with Alex. I shall be voicing Karl.

Finally we will get to work on collecting and implementing music for the scene. Sound effects, etc.

ie. Thebestfunever
Back to top Go down
Karl

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Production Report 2: Report Harder.

Finished modelling the 2 characters. This week rigging and texturing Karl, then begins the animation next week after setting up the scenes.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Wolf is fully textured now, and creating bones has begun. By end of this week I will have skeleton done and began weighting at the very least.

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:43 pm

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Brachi10

I modelled some trees for our brachio to hide in. He's gonna be placed in one of our scenes when we start animating (which will be soon, honest).

I've got both models done and weighted, and I'm lucky enough to animate them. Oh, I can't forget I also made this pterodactyl not so long ago.

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Pterod10

It's weighted and everything!
The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Pterod11

He's only gonna be in the background of one of our scenes but there you go!
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island   The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chronicles of Doooooom!! Island
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Games Development Forum :: Student Subjects :: Unit 3: Production Management Project-
Jump to: