Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows

Go down 
+7
Hick3y1 :D
Lucy Mayo
Alex.P
Paul Wilson 1990
andrew foden
ORCHARD
Burrows
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ORCHARD
Admin
ORCHARD

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:20 pm

It looks really good Sean, just one thing that doesn't look quite right, is the door huge or is the man hobbit size? Once you start to add people be really carefull about scale
Back to top Go down
https://nd-gamesdevelopment.forumotion.net
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Landscape Matte Painting

For my landscape matte painting idea I have decided to go along the '2012' apocalypse where the earth and ground is moving, volcanos erupting and all sorts of chaos. I took a few ideas from the special effect pictures from the movie but with these I am going to incorporate my own ideas also to give a more chaotic scene.

Basic Picture Layout

As Clare asked for this landscape to have more painted elements on it I decided to outline basically how the image will be laid out. As you can see I have gone with 2012's idea of the land sinking into the sea.

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Dev110

Spoiler:

Added Backdrop

I then added a backdrop, goin for a sunset kind of look. An exploding volcano in the background and a real sea texture to the right (which will be edited as its far too big).

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Dev210

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Added Waterfalls & City Backdrop

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Dev310
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 am

maybe you could have the volcano spewing out a dark cloud at the back. I've seen what you were up to in class and it was looking excellent. Smile
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Next Development of Landscape Matte Painting

Sorry I havent been able to post much recently, my computer at home is broke Crying or Very sad

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Dev410

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sgste Sammons

Sgste Sammons

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

really like the 'awesome bar' and the destroyed city looks epic.

The perspective is awesome too... and the volcano in the background really sets the scene!
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

More development

More waves, better waterfalls, added shadow/smoke and a few other things

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Dev510

Spoiler:

feedback?
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 pm

That is really coming along great, I love it ;D
Still not really sure about the volcano though, it's missing something Hmmm Love the rocks and stuff on the bottom part though cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:37 pm

tbh sean the volcaneo doesnt really suit the picture atm needs more happening over there to emphasise the fact the world is ending lol
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 pm

That's looking excellent sean, I reckon you should get a photo of an erupting volcano with smoke clouds because that smoke technique we were shown looks a bit nasty.
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

gr8 pic and i like the way you have the building falling into teh water but you need to change the volcano coz it seems out of place lol
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Yeh i agree on some aspects that the volcano needs to be changed, but I was going mainly for the foreground being devistated e.g with the ground opening and land going into the water, with the background slightly calmer but with the volcano erupting and the sunset effect.
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Great development
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:06 pm

jus a few lightening adjuestments man looking good tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows   Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matte Paintings - Sean Burrows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Games Development Forum :: Student Subjects :: Unit 67: Drawing Concept art for Computer Games-
Jump to: