Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature Concepts

Go down 
+7
Burrows
Sean R
ste trev
Colin Peters
andrew foden
Paul Wilson 1990
Alex.P
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:32 am

My First Creature Concept is a Wasp, based on engine parts and wires.
I used wires to give the illusion of hair.

Creature Concepts Engine10

Larger Image: https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/14/42/04/42/engine10.jpg

My Second Creature Concept is a Black Widow Spider, based on old style steampunk, I used a brown/orange fine pen to give an almost rustic and rusty appearance.
The red widow pattern was replaced with seethrough window-lik areas to allow sm mechanical insides to be seen.

Creature Concepts Steamp10

Larger Version: https://i.servimg.com/u/f82/14/42/04/42/steamp10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: constructive comments :D   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:49 am

there really nice designs Very Happy, you kept them very simple Smile, i like the way you have used the copper wires to make the illusion of hairs very clever Very Happy, i like the little engines behind the wasp and the fuel tubes its just really good the way you have incorparated engines ect into the wasps Very Happy

and the same for the spider i like the way u can see cogs and gears working in its opisthosoma Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 am

The black widow is a bit hard to see. The brown pen idea was a good idea, but it just gives me a headache lol. Next time you should probably shade in with brown, and line in using a black pen. It's really well done though, just difficult to make out.

The wasp is looking excellent and I'm really liking the pipes, exhausts and engine bits, and you've done a good job with the head and the shading. =]
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 pm

the wasp is great, i love the fact that its an engine, which gives it a sense that it would be really powerful and fast
i like the look of the spider, the colour makes it look bronze in a steampunk good work
wheres the third?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 pm

awesome its looking great so far Very Happy, cannot wait to see it finished
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Second Stage

Creature Concepts Wasp210
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:52 pm

3rd Stage Possibly Final Stage of my Wasp not sure what else to do with it.
It feels like it's missing something, any suggestions would be appreciated. =)

Creature Concepts Wasp310
Back to top Go down
ste trev

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 pm

cool wasp design!! i really like the shiny metallic colour an the eye stands out loads an the detail boss aswell !! good work
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 pm

awesome painting, seeming as its your first time, great detail. looks abit darker on this computer
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:01 am

I started on redrawing (mostly tracing) my steampunk spider, this is as much as i've managed to get done but i'm knackered now so going to bed i think Sleep , let me know what you guys think of it, are the wires on the legs too much? can't decide if they are making it look too cluttered, i think they add something to the picture, makes it look more plausible as a real moving design.

Creature Concepts Widowd10

This is a line version without the wires, i kinda like this design too. I'm going to completly redesign the abdomen whichever way i go.

Creature Concepts Widowl10
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

the spider is looking good, but the body is abit flat, and you need to add the other legs also the back [sack thing] is the wrong perspective
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

the spider is looking awesome! I really like how the legs look 3d, I think adding colour could improve the body though and maybe make it rounder or more smooth?
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:01 am

The final lined up drawing for my spider, just needs to be coloured in photoshop, i've given a coloured version to to give and idea fo what it'll kinda look like.
Haven't decided on whether i will be using wood and old and brass or rusty metal and old brass.

Creature Concepts Spider10

Creature Concepts Spider11
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:50 am

looking good alex, is that the wood texture that steve gave us earlier?

and i do like the detail in your drawings!
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:00 am

I am using the wood technique steve showed us, but adding my own twist on it and changin it slightly, plus adding in shading and light textures aswell.
So far i've fnihed all the woode bits now i think, going to start adding the mettallic elements soon.

Creature Concepts Spider12
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 am

Some of the metal work, still needs shading

Creature Concepts Spider13
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 am

looking excellent alex, did you use steve's wood tutorial? Those brass bits make it look really good.
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 pm

looking really really good now tbh alex. Love the gold metal with the wood effect, just a few more shadings to do on the gold metal parts and that will be done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Finished Spider.

Creature Concepts Spider14
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:05 pm

looks awesome, its got a classy feel to it lol, love the detail on the back. and well the detail all over is great
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:58 pm

i really like this, all the gold parts stand out really well! and the glass bit on the body looks really good also
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Added shading to the spider fo the funs of it.

Creature Concepts Spider15

My next creation, i wet with a drogonfl but decided not to add wings or legs so that it wouldn't be too muh like an insect.
Goin to make it spaceage-like and add glowing areas to it.

Creature Concepts Dragon11
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Done some detail on my dragonfly not sure where to take it from here.

Creature Concepts Dragon12
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 am

The flatness seems to be fixed for the spider, really good job akex and the glowing creature looks good also. perhaps you should add some razor sharp wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creature Concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts   Creature Concepts Empty

Back to top Go down

Creature Concepts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Games Development Forum :: Student Subjects :: Unit 67: Drawing Concept art for Computer Games-
Jump to: