Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste123u

ste123u

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm

1. Anticipation

This is the anticipation of something about to happen, this is done useing either video or audio. useing audio it can best be shown in horror films, where the music tells you something scary is about to happen, in video this can be shown when a footballer goes to kick a ball, he lifts his leg back just before he kicks it, annd you anticipate where he will kick it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_8r6vMarI

2. Squash and Stretch

This is where an object such as a ball will change its shape, by squashing down in one direction and streching out in the other. this can be shown well when you see a ball bounce, when the ball lands from a bounce it squashes down slightly and simultaniously streches out just as much as it suqashed in.

3. Follow-Through

This is when an action continues past the intended point of doing the action, an example of this is in baseball, when the batter hits the ball and he continues to swing the bat round, it doesnt stop still as soon as he hits the ball.

4. Exaggeration

This is where an action is exagerated, a great example of this is when a simple action is portrayed as a much more complicated action, such as if you see someone get punched in the face, instead of there face moveing to the side where they got punched they will fly through the air spinning and hit the ground, like the punch was a but going 80mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA0TS9l_nJE

5. Secondary Action

This is when one action causes another action to occur, an example of this is if you strum a note on a guitar, you do it to gt the actual note, but if you dont touch the guitar aftorwards the note plays again quieter with more of an echo, since the string is still vibrating from the strum.

6. Weight

this is thedifference in movement between something heavy and something light, a great example of this is if you drop a bowling ball and a feather from the same height, the bowling ball would hit the floor straight away, but the feather would float down, swaying side to side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLRfpniF154
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 pm

I started making my character by moddeling the head and the sholders

PROOF:

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 1_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:45 pm

I then made the rest of the toreso and the legs, and connected them to each other.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 2_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm

THen the arms where creathed, or rather I modified the legs into arms.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 3_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Then I connected the arms to my moddle.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 4_bmp13

Last edited by ste123u on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Then the hands where created and attached to the arm.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 5_bmp12
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:21 pm

next I made a shoe, coz shoes hide all the toes

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 6_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 pm

then I added the shoe to my character, and he lookss almoast human, since now he has feet and arms

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 7_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 pm

I then mirrored over the boot and the arm, sfter doing this the body was complete

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 8_bmp10

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 9_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 pm

After completing the base look of the character I made a coat, I did this by making a coly of the toreso and scaling it slightly bigger.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 10_bmp10

This is the finished coat.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 11_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Next it was time to make the face, so I started with the eyes and nose

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 12_bmp10

Then I modeled the mouth.

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 13_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

I now had a fully modeled character

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 14_bmp10

So I gave it bones, I did this so that I could weight it

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 15_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:11 pm

And so the weighting begins

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 16_bmp10

The weighting has been started

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 17_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Next came the hand, it was not fun, not even slightly, epsecially not the scond third and fourth time

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 18_bmp10

Then I had Finished weighting the moddel

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 19_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

I then had to weight the coat

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 21_bmp10

I had then completely finished weighting, and so I began to make controlls

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 22_bmp10

I had now made the feet and leg controls
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 pm

now I made the hand controls

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 23_bmp10

and next I made the arm controls

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 24_bmp10

Finally I mirrored over the weighting and controlls to the other arm and foot, this made it complete

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 25_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Finally came the hair

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 26_bmp10

It was huge, so I combed it back and brushed it, in cinema, and now that was finished, almost there

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 27_bmp10
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:30 pm

The texturing was the only thing left, so I did the coat and the T-shirt first, this is my render

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 28_bmp10

Then I did the shoes and jeans, and it was the face next

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) 29_bmp10

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm

The animation was all I had left to do

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ste123u

ste123u

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Reflection

Looking back at creating my model I am proud of my character, it worked well and was a huge improvement on my previouse model. This is mainly because it wasn't my first time modelling a character, now I knew more about the tools available in cinema and how to make it look more human like on my own, like using topology.

When I look at how much time it took me I feel dissapointed because it took so long, this was mainly due to weighting and controls. I had to re apply weighting on some areas multiple times and I also had to make minor changes as well to the controls. Some of my control didnt work properly in the first place, so I had to re-do them and they still didnt work perfectly, so I found myself animating by moving the bones instead.

If I was to redo this I think my character would look alot better since the huge improvement on my first charcter, and it would take me less time. Since I know how to weight properly now this wouldn't take as long and I would probably not have as many problems the next time round.

One thing that I have realised in doing this character is that the textures I previously used where verry basic, since now I know about using bumb maps and alpha channels to make a surface look more 3D when it is just flat with a texture. I also realised how much of a difference a slight bit of glow ro reflection can make.

A major problem I had was when I tried to put the characters from other scenes into teh same scene, since they wouldnt move from where they were imported into and they could not be resized or rotated. Since they wernt the same scale This made thing orkward, but I managed to fix this by thurning off deformers and generators globaly, this allowed me to rotate and scale the characters. To allwo me to move the characters I had to remove the pin from the root bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)   Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate uber epic thread of win (aka development thread of doom)
Page 1 of 1