Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences

Go down 
+2
Kimmy (JH)
AdoptedKey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AdoptedKey

AdoptedKey

ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences Empty
PostSubject: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm

We should use this thread to talk about the best of our moments in gaming. Can be anything from awesome comebacks to epic failures. Either way, post it here and we'll all appluad you or lol at you.

Most likely lol at you but go for it anyway.
Oh, if nobody likes the idea of this, I'll delete it after a week of nothing.

I'll start with something that happened to me on Borderlands yesterday.

So basically those who have played it will know that just before you fight the last boss, there's this huge build up with enemies everywhere, you fight your way through some awesome environments to get to The Vault. So I reach The Vault and when I see the last boss I'm like "OSHI-- this ones gonna be tough"

I couldn't have been more wrong.
I stood still and shot at it with a revolver. 5 clips and it was dead. My view of this game just dropped drasticaly.

I MEAN GUYS SERIOUSLY WTF.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 pm

so I just beat elite four on pokemon red for first time felt fuck win and RED was walking into another room and who was there gary mother fucking oak -.- so I think oh he's just here to congratulate me or somthing OH NO suddenly I'm in a fight with a charizard with like 30 health no PP and that smug bastard has 6 full health pokemon. We've all been there
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 pm

just playing throught siren: blood curse and being like wtf is going on.... holy shit wtf is that.. hit it with a pole
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

worse epic fail for me, was on loz oracina of time lol

did the fire temple and was right lets go to lake hylia,

go into the water temple do abit of stuff in there and then i move a block and then for some reason i cant carry on >.>, i realised i pushed it when i sud of pulled it so i had to restart the whole fecking game again xD
Back to top Go down
Kingsalmonattack

Kingsalmonattack

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 am

I know all too well about the horrors of a final boss being WAY too weak. Final Fantasy 10, anyone?

One thing I definitely did about a decade ago when gaming was in Gex: Deep Cover Gecko when I was on the nursery rhyme channel and when confronted with a massive beanstalk got to the choice of jumping on the bouncy leaves to the top or doing what I did... Shuffled step by step balancing on a tiny branch thing that just so happened to take me another 1/4 of the way up. I can't remember how the hell I got there since I've not played the game since 2002 or something and I'd probably not be able to do it again, but I did it. My hands cramped after the hours of quickly tapping the left and right D-pad buttons and wrestling with the evil ass camera controls in that game.

I just love it when there's a little area or bug in which you can completely bypass entire sequences. It happened when I was playing Kingdom Hearts and battling Clayton with his giant chameleon heartless and I found a ledge in which I could attack them without them being able to hit back...

Then Clayton got stuck in midair and I battered the git like a mars bar.

I got very quickly bored with that game.

Bugs can be funny but It ain't fun when you're trying to kill a zombie tree guy in Fallout 3 and can't get in the cave to his heart because the game breaks every time!

And Finally... for now... when playing Tomb Raider 2 in Lara's Mansion I used to trap the farting butler in the walk in fridge.
Back to top Go down
http://wrenchesatdawn.blogspot.com/
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 am

This one time I was racing a mate on Mario Kart DS. At first it was just for laughs but then shit got serious, our scores were incredibly close together and were nearing the 100 point mark. With our scores so high it would only take one more first place position in a race to get over 100 points, so I suggested that whoever hit 100 first would earn bragging rights. We agreed and the course was selected (random course selection is FOR REAL MEN) and my face went all D:

Bowsers fucking Castle 3

I don't know about you, but I hate that course. Sharp turns, lava EVERYWHERE and jumps that if done wrong can cost you the race. Shitsux broski, but I was ready. I came, like, 5th or something with my buddy coming in at 2nd or something.

Neither of us were at 100 points. It didn't matter what position we came in the next race, just a couple of points would get us over our original target score. So we decided just to see who would win the next race.

Man, it was tough. I was in 3rd for a loooooooooong time with my chum right in front of me. Nothing I did could save me. Oh wait...

3 Mushrooms

HAHAHAHAHAHA, TAKE THAT. 1st place, 112 points and of course
Jack
only
got
up
to

And don't be bringing up that "my shoulder buttons were broken" crap, because we all know that I won fair in square. Sort of.

EDIT: Jack is a wonderful person who would probably beat you at any video game if he, y'know, had the time to deal with shrimp like you. Y'ALL SMALL TIME.
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:27 am

So we was playing TF2
retro guys vs FPS
(I'm retro)
we had little time left so we thought fuck it all go scout, we pin one guy in a shed beat him down with our bats. Take one point which was made more epic by one guy shouting "how are there 8 people at B!?!?!". Then onto next point which we took with ease. Onto final point heavly defended but that was no match we had the momentum and wiffle bats. They didnt stand a chance

Retros best at TF2

SCOUT RUSH
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

yes we are sure -_-
Back to top Go down
Kizz (AW)

Kizz (AW)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 am

I can describe one of the most terrible things that's ever happened to me in a game with just one image.

Spoiler:

I still have the nighmares.
Back to top Go down
http://thenextbestsongintheworld.blogspot.com/
Kingsalmonattack

Kingsalmonattack

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 pm

I had some crazy experiences back when I used to play Halo online on my PC.

Had six guys coming back again and again trying to kill me but I kept mowing them all down with a warthog. You'd think they'd adapt and get somewhere the warthog wouldn't go and try shooting me from there. But nope. Running them over worked for a good hour before one of them finally took one and tried to run me over. But I cloaked myself and then blew the git up with a rocket launcher.

Then I was called for dinner. So I told them I was a girl and they ragequit. Complete with keyboard mash chatspeak.

"odrghoehtoejtowerononenesio"
Back to top Go down
Kimmy (JH)

Kimmy (JH)

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:35 pm

If we're gonna talk making people rage quit I'm gonna talk street fighter

So I picked up Ken in past few weeks and started to beat people pretty well with him. I find another guy using ken. Shoryuken over and over so all i had to do was block his one and hit my own on his way down. needless to say he rage quit befor KO even showed up.

And my personal fave made somone quit after I hit a one frame combo and they acused me of using cheat codes.
Back to top Go down
Kingsalmonattack

Kingsalmonattack

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:01 pm

I had a terrible experience in TF2 on a sawmill king of the hill with engineer bots.

I was expecting a quick game of about five to ten minutes as I usually end up getting. But this lasted FOUR HOURS!

How? 19 bots and one player. both sides had eight engies each, one sniper each, one demo each.

First things the engineer bots on both sides did was rush for the control point and build leve 3 sentries on either side. So basically I had to snipe past these sentries to hit the engineers to stop them from constantly upgrading . Which was horrible because they'd put their buildings right next to ammo boxes and were constantly getting metal to repair stuff.

I was pretty much every class trying to beat them. Made headway as a spy by sapping the sentries but the problem with the bots in tf2 is the engineers and sentries are oblivious to all disguised spies, but every other class will actively hunt you down like you're not disguised at all. So if I sapped all the sentries and dispensers I could and the heavy turned up (The demo got killed and respawned as one. One engie also died and became a soldier. ANy of the other ones that died kept respawning as engineers.) I was doomed whether the sentries were blown up or not. And by the time it took me to respawn and cause more damage the sentries lost would be almost completely replaced. So it was pretty much sniper, demo or death. Strangely enough, soldier did almost nothing against the sentry hoarde.

Got a crapload of achievements for it... But I'll never do it ever again! And I suggest nobody try it, either. It's so much harder than an all player game.

Unless you actually have the time. It does wonders for your sniping ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences   ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences Empty

Back to top Go down

ITT: Our Vidya Game Experiences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Games Development Forum :: Course Related :: Student Wall-
Jump to: