Games Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Community College Games development Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters

Go down 
+6
ste trev
Paul Wilson 1990
Burrows
Alex.P
andrew foden
Colin Peters
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Empty
PostSubject: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Moskit12
taken from a standard moskito and re-invisioned into a mechanical monster, not high tech mechanics, just simple cogs and pistons, the moskito is fast, nimble and has a distinct noise
i looked at different steam punk styled mechanics and pictures of moskitos and combine them

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Dragon11
ive turned a dragonfly into a machine, the view is from above but there is a small diagram of the scale at the bottom, its very fast and nimble much like the moskito but is alot noiser and big
the image i used was a picture showing the anatomy of a dragonfly

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Beetle11
the rhino beetle reminded me so much of a tank, i have based it around that style. the beetle has very tough armour on the front but has a weak back, i have changed the style of its legs because, these legs are more suited to its pose. working again on pistons and cogs, i like steampunk style of mechanics.
after looking at a few beetles i decided to go with the rhino beetle, just because of the curious horn it has on its head

-edit-

Beetle in photoshop
Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Beetle12

Last edited by Colin Peters on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154918
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:06 pm

All of them are looking excellent. I'm liking all the cogs you've put everywhere and the tank beetle is really good. Maybe you could strap a huge artillery piece on its back or a tank turret if it's inspired by a tank. Maybe on the flying ones, you could swap the wings for jet engines or helicopter rotors. I think helicopter parts would look really good on the dragonfly one.
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Awesome work, i love the whole steampunk idea, the beetle has got to be the best by far
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:11 am

i love the way you have drew all these to scale with little men looking up at them. It kinda emphasises the fact that they are big mechanical creatures you dont wana mess with haha!

I probably like the rhino beetle the best, just because it seems different, whereas the others is like yes you can see that they are what they say they are.
Some really good sketches all around though!
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm

youve got some really nice creature concepts colin Smile
as sean said i love the way you have shown the scale to emphasise the size of these massive cyberbugs Smile

i like the rhino bettle one the best because all the machinery you have put onto the picture is brillant and fits in well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:06 pm

first finished concept - the beetle

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Beetle13
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I want one....
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 pm

yeh that is really good colin, love the shading on it especially!
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 am

this is awesome colin Smile, the shading is brillant i love the smoke affect Smile
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:31 pm

same style as beetle

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Moskit13
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Great mosquito, unfortunatly your man to the right is a bit crap =)
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:01 pm

finished

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Moskit14
Back to top Go down
ste trev

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:02 pm

amazin mosquito!! ignore alex great guy on the right!! haha
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:37 am

Looks even better with the Neon Lights!
Back to top Go down
Colin Peters

Colin Peters

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 pm

spider Very Happy, im quite happy with this one

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Spider10
Back to top Go down
Alex.P

Alex.P

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm

AMAZING! I love it!
Back to top Go down
andrew foden

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:51 pm

that's amazing xD, nice one colin
Back to top Go down
Burrows

Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:56 pm

i agree, these are looking really good to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Ozzfest

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 am

Great work the colours go really well with the creatures
Back to top Go down
Sean R

Sean R

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh my God that Spider is just beyond awesome. All of your drawings are amazing... I have no helpful things to say lmfao Well done ^^
Back to top Go down
michaelbishop

michaelbishop

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Loving all the effects Razz, like the size diffence you are showing
Back to top Go down
Paul Wilson 1990

Paul Wilson 1990

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm

one word brillant lol, all your creature designs are brillant Smile, all coloured and shaded really well, yet the mosquito and the spider have nice neons and colours on them, i just think your beetle needs a bit of texture or something different tbh, dont know how to explain it lol its probably because the other 2 stand out more if you get me
Back to top Go down
Hick3y1 :D

Hick3y1 :D

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:06 pm

alls there missing is a tiny bit of texturing man if you can find the perfect textures these will look imense
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature Concepts - Colin Peters   Creature Concepts - Colin Peters Empty

Back to top Go down

Creature Concepts - Colin Peters
Page 1 of 1